Tuesday, July 8, 2008

introducing me :)



My name is Kelcie Joiner. I grew up in Bonita, CA which is 45 minutes south of here. People don't really know where that is so I usually say that I am from Chula Vista. I went to highschool at Bonita Vista High School. This is my third year at San Marcos and I am currently in the ICP program here. I am in a sorority here on campus called Alpha Chi Omega. I am majoring in liberla studies and taking a minor in literature and writing studies. I love writing and literature. I could sit and write essays for days, I know, a little weird lol. I am not too good in math or science, those have got to be my two worst subjects. I want to start out in teaching for k-12 then eventually I would love to work my way up to administration or district work. We will see what happens. I plan on working straight through to my masters and we will see when that phd happens haha. I will probably take a break for a couple years.

In dealing with technology, I consider myself okay, somewhere in the middle. I definitely cannot figure everything out on a computer but I know my way around things. I am pretty much using my laptap on a daily bases. This whole MAC thing is new to me. I am more of a PC person. I know about using powerpoint, word, regular internet browsing etc.. so pretty much the necessary in getting through school and anything else. But other things, I would most likely need instruction in.


The college of education mission statement allowed me to understand how a transformation of public education can really be affected by each up and coming generation of educators. One of the reasons that I decided to attend San Marcos was because of the great things I heard about it's education program. I felt that this school's programs would be a good way to prepare me for my professional career. This idea of a student-centered education really spoke to me about the commitment that would be provided.

3 comments:

Sisters Sheeba said...

Wow, it's great to hear that MAC's new to you as well. I really don't know MAC, have not used MAC until...well not today but not often either. Well, nice to have met you. Enjoy the post.

Jsnd08 said...

I have family in Bonita, so maybe I'm one of the few who knows of Bonita. I think you should be fine as far as the Mac is concern it's really pretty easy and looks much better than a PC. See in class.

Joey said...

I used to work down in the south bay and had an account in Bonita. I worked down there for two years and became very familiar with the area. I was commenting on Katy's blog that I am also new to the Mac, but I am already beginning to like it. Anyway, good luck with your teaching career.

Joey